10 Big Trends from Exhibitor 2014: #9 Think outside the counter [box]
Nichols always keeps current on the latest trends in design and manufacturing of trade show exhibits to help our customers get the best the industry has to offer. On our recent trip to the 2014 Exhibitor Show we observed 10 key trends that will help you stay ahead of the curve with your next exhibit. This is the ninth in a series of posts examining those trends, and giving you tips on how you can make use of them.
Trend #9: Think outside the counter [box] Trade show counters
Just a few years ago, trade show counters were merely serviceable, a place to fill out a drawing form, grab a brochure, find some extra storage or sit for a chat. As a means to use every part of the booth to further the messaging, many exhibitors are now finding ways to design a counter that is unique to their brand.
What you’re looking for in a counter:
- It starts with great design
- Fit it: the look and feel should match the style of your booth by using the same or complementary materials.
- Brand it: whether you use strictly your brand color palette or the trademark itself, design the counter to work seamlessly with the other elements of your booth.
- Shape it: choose from one of the many options available, or if you have the budget you can have your counter custom built.
- Light it: from color lit edges to accent lighting, to pierce-cut illuminated logos or rear-illuminated SEG graphics, lighting makes your counter stand out!
- It allows work to be done
- Storage: make sure there is enough storage space. Do you need cabinets or drawers? Locked storage?
- Surface: select the right surface area to match your needs.
- Lighting: don’t forget to ensure adequate lighting, especially if you plan on using it for a workspace.
- It meets your needs
- Purpose: whether you require a counter that’s portable and stylish, or highly customized and unique, or all of the above, make a list of requirements and design to fit them.
When you’re planning your display, contact us at gonichols.com/contact to find out how to think outside the box while still getting the right counter to match your needs.
Every step of the way!
In our next and final post of the series, we’ll share some fun finds from Exhibitor 2014.
Thanks for reading our 10 key trends series. If you missed any of the posts you can check them out on our blog, or click here to download our FREE eBook with all 10 key trends from Exhibitor 2014.