Congratulations to our client on their best booth award from LIGHTFAIR 2016.
At Nichols, our team works with clients to discover and meet their needs, looking for beauty paired with function at every turn. Last year, we posted about a custom exhibit we had designed for the U.S. division of a global innovator of lighting technology. This year, they were ready to make a few updates for LIGHTFAIR 2016, and we again stepped in to help.
Held this year at the San Diego Convention Center, LIGHTFAIR represented a huge opportunity for our client as it is the world’s largest annual architectural and commercial lighting trade show and conference, boasting 550 exhibitors housed across 6 pavilions. It’s a place to see and be seen by other manufacturers, to connect with industry professionals, and to gain the attention of prospective customers. Our client wanted to make a statement with an open, clean look, to show off their newest light fixtures while also showcasing their wide range of lighting products.
Nichols Account Executive, Derek Schmitt, and Custom Production Manager, Samir Alagic, worked with Waldmann to update the dramatic, yet simple, custom exhibit that we had designed for the 2015 show:
- The booth had been 20×30, but for 2016 it was expanded to a 20×40 to open up the floorplan.
- To meet their storage needs we had created a central storage tower, but this year we removed the center closet to give visitors a better line of sight throughout the entire space.
- To accommodate this change, we added two product displays that could hold the lights that had previously been displayed on the closet walls.
- We also added a suspended circular feature that showcased three different sized office lights above the center counter, bringing beauty to the center space while displaying the products to advantage.
- The Nichols nLite™ LED lightbox from the original design remained for 2016, creating a dramatic 15’ high x 5’ wide double-sided backlit graphic for the grand entrance.
- We ensured throughout the process that the entire design would continue to support the client’s need to show their lighting in different environments by keeping the idea of the functional settings.
As in 2015, the client had a very successful 2016 show, confirmed by winning the “Global Light & Design Pavilion Best Booth Award”! Huge thanks go out to the Waldmann and Nichols team for their collaboration on this project over the last two years. We are very proud of the creativity and craftsmanship that Derek and Samir put into building this beautiful exhibit.
Nichols offers a full range of services, from exhibit design, to helping with installation and setup, to make sure you are ready every step of the way. Please give us a call and find out how we can meet your unique design challenge!
With you every step of the way!