Consolidate your shipping.
A simple way to minimize your costs and stress associated with trade show shipping.
Whether you are a novice or a seasoned veteran in the world of trade show exhibiting you have probably noticed that the largest expense on your show services bill is that of “Material Handling,” or what is sometimes known as “Drayage.” trade show shipping
Material handling is a service provided by the show decorator and includes the following:
- Unloading your shipment off the truck at the advance warehouse or show site
- Storage of your exhibit/materials for up to 30 days prior to the start of the show (if shipping to the advance warehouse)
- Bringing your properties to the show site (when shipped to the advance warehouse) so they are at your booth when you arrive for set up
- Removing your crates/cases from the show floor and storing them during the show
- Returning your crates/cases to your booth space at the close of the show
- Bringing your properties to the dock when tear down is completed
- Loading your materials onto the carrier of your choice
You are billed by the cwt (100 weight) for this service. If your shipment weighs 501 pounds you will be billed for 6 cwt. The rate per cwt can range as low as $55.00 per cwt up to $185.00 per cwt or higher. Every shipment you send to the advance warehouse or show site will incur material handling charges. There is typically a minimum charge per shipment of 2 cwt (200 pounds).
Consolidating your shipments will make everything easier, and less expensive!
If you prepare ahead by having your giveaways, literature and other miscellaneous items ready to go with your exhibit it will arrive as one shipment. This will avoid multiple minimum charges per shipment as well as costly “small package charges” of $45.00 or more per box when shipping FEDEX/UPS at the last minute.
Aside from keeping more money in your budget, you’ll enjoy the peace of mind that comes with knowing all your precious trade show items are together in one shipment. You will avoid having to check off multiple lists of shipments to see what has arrived versus what still needs to arrive, or the frustration of being told materials have arrived but they’re not in your booth space.
Lower costs and peace of mind – that’s the way to get your show on the road!
With you, every step of the way!